Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Book Publishing and Website Launching

One of my undergraduate degrees is in women's studies. I've been a feminist since about 8th grade, and though my understanding of feminism and exact location on the spectrum has changed, my basic position has not. Women and men are not equal, and it is my obligation to fight for changes to the gender structure in our society.

With that said, my new writing is focused on gender issues. My first goal is to work on a full project I'm short-handing the "Gender Studies Project." Well, maybe that's not really short-hand, but you get the idea.

The project has 4 parts:
1. I'm revising and re-releasing a booklet I wrote in 2006 called 101 Careers in Gender Studies.
2. I'm putting together a website for gender studies majors.
3. I'm working on a graduate school directory for women's studies.
4. I'm putting the booklet and other information along with some statistics into a book proposal.

Yesterday I located 4 potential publishers for the book. Work on the proposal will take a bit of time, but I will be doing it in the next month.

I also worked on the website and getting it planned out. Today's project is to start on the articles. I can hardly wait!

No comments: